Community 489 results

2019 Canadian Federal Election: ANCC Policy Priorities

OTTAWA – 2019 – ARMENIAN NATIONAL COMMITTEE OF CANADA ABOUT ANCC The Armenian National Committee of Canada (ANCC) is the largest and most influential Armenian Canadian grassroots political organization.  Working in coordination with a network ...

Prime Minister of Canada Congratulates Nikol Pashinyan on Armenia’s Independence Day

The Leader of the Liberal Party of Canada, Justin Trudeau, today issued the following statement on Armenia’s Independence Day: “Today, we join Armenian communities across Canada and around the world to celebrate the anniversary of Armenia’s ...

Statue of Nurse Who Rescued Thousands of Armenian Orphans to be Erected this Weekend

Sara Corning. Photo courtesy of the Sara Corning Society.  By Rupen Janbazian David and Jennifer Chown of the Sara Corning Society provide details about the Sara Corning statue unveiling in Yarmouth, Nova Scotia Born in the village of ...

ARS Summer Camp Wrapped Up Another Great Run

A group of ARS Summer camp children. ARS Summer Camp (Jampar) had another successful summer this year from July 2 to August 23 at the Armenian Youth Centre. This year the camp welcomed more than 220 campers from kindergarten to grade 8 for a ...

“I Am Not Alone” Premiered At TIFF In A Sold Out Theatre

Director Garin Hovannisian, Anna Hakobyan and Serj Tankian at the premiere of I Am Not Alone at TIFF, September 7, 2019. (TorontoHye)- Garin Hovanissian’s documentary about the Armenian Velvet Revolution, I Am Not Alone, premiered on September 7 ...

Toronto AGBU Announces New Centrally-Located Headquarters In Toronto

AGBU Toronto new headquarter AGBU Toronto announced it will be moving into its new headquarters at 1 Concorde Gate  in Toronto by the end of the year.  Centrally located in midtown Toronto off the DVP, this professional building, states ...

Armenian Ambassador presents credentials to Governor General of Canada

Armenia’s Ambassador to Canada Anahit Harutyunyan on July 9 presented her credentials to Governor General Julie Payette, the Armenian foreign ministry told Armenpress. The Governor General of Canada congratulated the Ambassador on appointment and ...

ARS Under10 Track & Field Team Controls the Long Jump

U10 - Long Jump Medal Winners. By Sam Manougian On May 30th the ARS School Under10 track & field team participated in the SSAF Track & Field Championships at the Terry Fox Track and Field Stadium in Brampton.  This year the ARS school ...

ARS Under12 Track & Field Team Surprise the Competition

U12 - ARS Track and Field group photo. By Sam Manougian On May 10th the ARS School under 12 track & field team participated in the SSAF Track & Field Championships at the Toronto Track & Field Centre at York University. It had ...

Armenian PM congratulates Justin Trudeau on Canada Day

Prime Minister of Armenia Nikol Pashinyan congratulated Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau on the Canada Day. The congratulatory letter runs as follows: “On behalf of the people of Armenia and personally myself I wish warm congratulations ...